True Natural Beauty comes from within...

True Natural Beauty comes from within...
Welcome, to my natural bath / beauty and clean eating blog, where nature is our pantry....take a few quiet moments to enjoy free recipes and tutorials using natural ingredients. Have questions about recipes or where to find these ingredients? Put your question in the comment box and I will be happy to answer .............Anna

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Bath Fizzy Bombs recipe

    I made these lovely smelling bath bombs that make a huge fizz.  These are so fun to make
and use.   With the soft scent and the bubbling fizz it makes for a great home spa bath.
                             

  I made these with baking soda and citric acid and fragrance oil and spritzed it with witch hazel as a binder.
  That's it.  Very pure. To make you just remember the ratio of 2/1. Meaning: two parts baking soda to one part citric acid.  Combine in a bowl, add a few drops of fragrance oil or essential oil, wisk and get out any chunks. Spritz lightly with witchazel until the recipe when squeezed in your hand holds together.

The citric acid is an organic acid from citrus fruits, added to the water it neutralizes the trace
metals in the hard water making it soft water, trust me you can tell the difference, if you have
hard water you know what I mean.  The water actually feels soft.

The baking soda softens your skin naturally.   These are a great way to relax and destress!
I used 5 of these small ones per bath.


Made a nice fizzy action.




3 comments:

Meg McCarty said...

These bath fizzies are absolutely amazing and luxurious! I tried two in my bath and they made the water fragrant and soft. I love them and I will continue to use them. They made my skin feel lovely.

Holly Mistlet0e Dain said...

The end product looks like it has a smooth, glossy finish to it. Lovely!! Where id you get your mold for these gems?

Anna from Natures Home Spa said...

Hi Holly, I got the mold for these at Ikea, for .98 cents! They are silicon and the fizzies pop out great. Here's a link to a different bath fizz recipe that shows the mold. I wonder if the smooth, hard glossy finish comes from the simple recipe of only baking soda, citric acid and witchazel?

http://natureshomespa.blogspot.com/2012/12/bath-melts.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...