True Natural Beauty comes from within...

True Natural Beauty comes from within...
Welcome, to my natural bath / beauty and clean eating blog, where nature is our pantry....take a few quiet moments to enjoy free recipes and tutorials using natural ingredients. Have questions about recipes or where to find these ingredients? Put your question in the comment box and I will be happy to answer .............Anna

Monday, January 21, 2013

All Natural Chamomile Corn Flower-Tangerine homemade lotion recipe, non greasy.

Smooth, creamy, subtle, with fresh brewed chamomile corn flower tea and a touch of tangerine oil.
                                                      Lotion  Recipe  


I wanted to make a softer, creamier lotion than my usual body butter recipe, (which I love) . The oils
you choose for your homemade lotions/butters make all the difference. Research your oils and choose according to the properties you want in your lotion.  Keeping the ratio at:  3/4 cup liquid oils and
1 cup distilled water and .5 oz (or 3TBL) beeswax

For this super creamy  rich lotion I used:

1/4 cup sweet almond oil
2/4 cup grapeseed oil, incorporated into this amount was 1 TBL olive oil and 1/2 tsp vitamin E
.5  oz of beeswax (or 3TBL)

1 cup steeped chamomile with corn flower tea  ( in distilled water)

The chamomile tea steeped to a strong brew and really scented this lotion. Smells really nice.
I put in a touch of tangerine essential oil to freshen it up, it complimented the tea, it lends a subtle
touch, quite nice.

Directions on "how to make" homemade lotion click my previous post HERE.

Please note:  there are no preservatives in this all natural recipe, anytime you use water in a homemade product you have potential for bacteria. If I were going to sell this I would add a preservative like Optiphen from Brambleberry  (is where I get it.)  For my personal home use I  make a batch size that I can use up in a month.     Don't dip wet or dirty hands into container.

                                                   
                                                       


This post was shared with:
                                                     

11 comments:

Vals Soaps And More From Home said...

Sounds wonderful Anna!

Becky said...

Hi Anna, I just saw your comment on my post about Compassion International. I love the way God works. :) hope you are doing well!

Anna from Natures Home Spa said...

Hi Becky! Yes, isnt God good!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I just popped onto yours and love the picts of your adorable baby boy! What a blessing for you and your hubby! God's blessings on your family, Anna

Meg McCarty said...

Lovely lovely lotion! What a good idea: fresh citrus with calming chamomile!

Paula said...

lotion looks wonderful. I am still looking for that "one" special recipe for lotions.

Anna from Natures Home Spa said...

Hi Paula, I know what you mean, I like trying different combinations of oils to find that perfect, signiture lotion that's just right!

thanks for taking the time to comment! Anna

Lisa Lynn said...

This looks so luxurious! Thanks for sharing this on The HomeAcre Hop! Hope to see you back on Thursday :)

Anna from Natures Home Spa said...

Lisa Lynn, I'll be there, see ya!
Anna

Becca said...

Homemade items like this would make such cool gifts!

Thanks for your comments on my blog, Anna. It's always wonderful to find like-minded individuals. :)

Craige said...

Hi! This is the first time I have been on your page - I was hoping to get recipes to make for my friends for Valentines Day (who says VDay gifts have to come from men anyway?) and was wondering if the same preservative you suggested in your lotion could be used in other products? Thanks for sharing!

Kacee

Anna from Natures Home Spa said...

Hi Kacee, thanks for stopping by and commenting.

About Optiphen preservative, it is used best in oil based products, I get mine from Brambleberry.com, if you check there you can read about it and Optiphen Plus,(water based) both are paraben and formaldahyde free.

For Valentines gifts to make did you see the post on how to make bath fizzy bombs? They are not difficult to make, the ingredients are easy to come by and everyone seems to really love them.

You can find them under Favorite Recipes, click on Bath Bombs. Three different ones to choose from.

Hope this helped! Anna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...